The new Maxon license server(MLS) of Cinema 4D does have the possibility to use SSL encryption for a secured connection. This has to be setup in for the MLS as well.
Inside the MLS installation folder you will find the subdirectory "resource" including a file named "config.txt".
You have to activate one of the options inside this file. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the file indside a text editor such as Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit in plain text mode (Mac).
- Find the line including the parameter g_runLicenseServerSSL=true
- The line will start with "//", so the parameter isn't used.
- Delete the "//" from the start of this line and save the changed file.
- Restart the MLS to activate the changes.
Now the Maxon license server will run using SSL encryption.
As soon as an update for the MLS is installed, the file is changed to original settings and you might have to repeat the procedure described here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.