Note: The latest products are serialized through the Maxon App, which will automatically serialize your products when logged in with the account that had purchased the product from maxon.net.
The top reasons a serial number doesn't work are as follows:
- The serial is for an older version of the product you're trying to install
If a serial for an older version of a product is used on an installer that's trying to install an upgraded version, it will not work (ex. Trapcode Suite 13 serial in a Trapcode Suite 14 installer, PluralEyes 3.5 used in a PluralEyes 4 installer)
- Serials purchased directly from redgiant.com are paired with their installers under Your Products page.
- Serials purchased elsewhere for our latest products can use the installers here.
- Serials purchased elsewhere for our older products can use our Legacy installers.
- If you're not certain which product and/or version your serial is for, see this guide.
- The four-letter prefix is missing
All of our serials are a twenty-character string starting with four letters followed by sixteen digits. You'll want to make sure the four letter prefix is included when entering it into the installer.
- You are not an administrator
Installers will place a serial file that's accessible by all users on a system, which can only be done by an administrator.
Note: It is not enough to install as a non-administrative user and provide administrative credentials when prompted; a user has to be an administrator upon launching the installer.
- There are multiple installers open
Having multiple installers open can cause problems as they may interfere with each other. Close any and all installers you've got open and only have one open at a time.
If none of those reasons fail to resolve your problem, contact support.