If an installation fails relaying status -1, it's typically related either to file permission issues between the installer and the locations it's trying to install files into, or a background service that's interrupting the installation process.
Since there are multiple possible culprits, there's multiple potential workarounds. Here they are in order of which works best:
- Restart your machine and try once more
- This force-closes any background service that might've been interrupting the installer.
- Try using the product's direct installer (instead of installing through the Red Giant Application Manager).
- Run an uninstallation script, then try reinstalling:
- Close the installer. Head into Applications > Utilities > Terminal
- Type or paste in this command and hit Enter:
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Red\ Giant/Services/uninstall-red-giant-service.sh
- It'll ask for your admin password; provide it and hit Enter.
- Once it's done, try reinstalling.
- Create a brand new user account on your machine with admin permissions, and try reinstalling under that new account.
If none of those steps help, or you need assistance, contact support.