Every now and then a model can get "stuck" in a way that it can't be sculpted on anymore and instead every brush stroke just draws a new copy of it in the view screen.
What is actually happening here is that ZBrushCore is somehow getting out of Edit mode and into a painting mode that is unique to ZBrush. Since ZBrushCore doesn't have the buttons necessary to clear the canvas and return to Edit mode, this creates a problem. However, there is a simple workaround to restore your work:
- Make sure that the model is selected in the Tool palette.
- Press Tool >> Copy Tool. This creates a copy in memory of the selected model.
- Use LightBox to load a new project. For example, the DynaMesh_Sphere_32.ZPR.
- Press Tool >> Paste Tool. This will replace the current model with the one from memory.
- Save your project again and continue sculpting like normal.
This works because the loaded project contains a model that is properly in Edit mode so that ZBrushCore can use it. Pasting your model replaces the one from the project, returning you to Edit mode without a hitch.
Article is closed for comments.