New Features and Enhancements
- Real Lens Flares:
- Obscuration: Reference the luminance, alpha, or RGB values of a layer to create foreground obscuring elements for your flare. Includes a built-in Matte Box function.
- Light Ball: A new core projection that allows you to render a physical representation of your light source. Great for placing a sun in the skyt or adding headlights in a day-for-night shot.
- Position Falloff Graphs: This UI element introduced with the Ring core projection has been added to all other core projections except for Gate Flare.
- Schmutz Image-based Illumination Update: Expanded control and functionality for the Schmutz background illumination feature.
- Spot Clone Tracker:
- Tracker Only mode: A new checkbox that, when enabled, hides all non-tracking-related parameters and provides new Create Null and Clear Track buttons for a faster tracking workflow.
- Shape Roundness: A new slider that determines the roundness of the Spot and Clone From shapes. Handy for fitting into tight corners such as replacing text on a page.
- VFX-6624: Fixed an issue where Flares would display even when looking away from light sources.
- Improved stability and responsiveness.
- VFX-6766: Applying RLF to an Adjustment Layer in PPro causes a crash on some Mac machines.
- Workaround: Apply directly the footage, or to black video with Unmult.
- VFX-6744: RLF in Software Only Mode clamps HDR values to 0-1.
- Workaround: Work in Metal or CUDA
- VFX-6764: Core projections get oddly cropped in portrait aspect ratios.
- VFX-6588: Shadow: Axis is misaligned if the AE's preview resolution is set to less than Full.
- VFX-6587: Chromatic Displacement may produce black frames while scrubbing the timeline in AE.
- VFX-6283: Supercomp panel unable to add layers with non-Latin characters.